"You know, he was always like a fish out of water around her...poor Lumpers, never mind, I says, plenty more fish in the sea, plenty more."

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fredrick and Tobias


by Connor, age 12

Every so often, I get an e-mail from someone asking if I could make them Calvin and Hobbes softies.

Bill Watterson, the creator of the characters and widely syndicated cartoon strip, was staunchly against licensing Calvin and Hobbes products for many reasons, but the main one being that he felt it would in some way demean the art of Calvin and Hobbes. From the beginning, this has always been his unique position in the matter.

I don't make licensed or trademarked characters, mainly for two reasons: 1) I'm not really allowed to and 2) it's soooo hard to make them.

However, if Bill Watterson, himself, were to contact me and ask if I could make him a Calvin and Hobbes, I'd certainly reconsider my position.

In the meantime, I made Fredrick and Tobias for Connor who publishes his cartoons in his school paper.




6 comments:

Connys Cottage said...

great!!!O)

Dev said...

brilliant :)

Z-Kids said...

So very, very cool.

R said...

These are awesome! I love the expression on the faces!!! Such a brilliant idea!!

Maggie said...

I would love a set of these! They are the most charming frogs!!!

Maggie said...

You do fantastic work! I would love a set of these marvelous frogs!