"You know, he was always like a fish out of water around her...poor Lumpers, never mind, I says, plenty more fish in the sea, plenty more."

Monday, June 27, 2011

Picnic in the Park





Why are these kids running, you ask?





Yesterday was my son's grade 3 class picnic. Since kindergarten, the families have been gathering every year in June for a potluck picnic at a nearby park.


We had a fine day. Sunscreen was slathered and we ate, played soccer, flew kites and had a scavenger hunt which is why these kids are running.




The hunt was fairly easy to set up. Earlier in the day, I went around the park and used the macro lens on my camera to shoot close-ups of some ordinary things you find in the park, printed them out and then hid the photos at the various sites. I gave the children the first photograph clue which they had to identify and locate to find the next photograph clue, and so on. The kids ranged in ages from 3 up to 11, and everyone was running and figuring out the clues. They were only stumped by this clue, and a parent had to give them a little hint.


Do you know what it is?

2 comments:

Ms. A. Filipovic said...

Washroom legs. I'd recognize that sign anywhere as I've had to search for them sometimes when "somebody" had to "go" really badly.

Kat said...

The legs from a Lady's bathroom sign.