"You know, he was always like a fish out of water around her...poor Lumpers, never mind, I says, plenty more fish in the sea, plenty more."

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Are they hands or are they feet?


Peter drew this when he was nine. It's a terrific monster with crooked teeth, hypnotizing eyes, an organic shape and some stripes. Were the limbs hands or feet? His mother who placed the order couldn't ask Peter, now 26 years old, because it was meant to be a surprise. If they were hands, the monster could look like it was reaching out for a hug (or a strangle):


or with the arms folded, it could look bored and unimpressed:



In the end, we decided to keep them the same size as drawn, and they could be feet:


or, they could be hands:

3 comments:

Grover_Lover said...

They are extremely versatile appendages, so versatile in fact, I wish I had some.

"It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child."
~Pablo Picasso

Jasmine Hope said...

Ohhh I would love to know Peter's reaction to his gift. I really hope some of your customers share their gift giving experience with you and you can share it with your readers!

Dorota said...

I love Your blog.

but this is really scary.

greetings fron Poland!