"You know, he was always like a fish out of water around her...poor Lumpers, never mind, I says, plenty more fish in the sea, plenty more."

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

how to train your dragon

At some point, I almost gave up on Toothless. I began working from a pattern by Katy A, but in the end, it didn't look quite right, so I unpicked the stitches, made some modifications, re-stitched it, found it still not right, unpicked more stitches, made some more modifications, and restitched it (all over the course of a few days), then made a couple of mistakes, and flung the wretched toy across the room. Then, I tidied up my sewing table and went to bed. The next day, a bright, sunny Sunday, while my family and friends went on a hike (a favourite activity of mine), I stayed in my studio and faced off with the dragon. This time, I stayed calm, and even whispered sweet words and promised it a fine fish if he came along nicely. In the end, he did.









3 comments:

robyncalgary said...

wow!

Jess said...

Can you make me one?!

Jess said...

I'll pay! I'll pay lots of dollars.