"You know, he was always like a fish out of water around her...poor Lumpers, never mind, I says, plenty more fish in the sea, plenty more."

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Po's panda doll

Luckily, Kung Fu Panda 2 was still playing in the cinema, so while the world went to watch the premiere of the Harry Potter finale, Dani and I sat in a nearly empty theatre and, we were not disappointed. I found it to be even better than the first one - funnier, with more thrilling action and a more villainous villain. I also liked the sub-plot of Po's search for his true identity and inner peace and the movie's little moral. But most of all, I liked the little panda teddy that got found after so many years, all dusty and worn. And I came home with the idea to make myself a panda teddy, just like Po's. I searched online for an image and found one. I didn't have burlap, but used whatever I had, which was undyed cotton and crafter's felt.


Wish I could say that I whipped up the little guy, but he was more work than I expected, only because I wanted to get him as close as possible to the original. I made the body twice and the face three times, and even now, he's not exactly like the panda teddy in the movie, but he's certainly good enough for me.


No comments: