"You know, he was always like a fish out of water around her...poor Lumpers, never mind, I says, plenty more fish in the sea, plenty more."

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Superfish


by Leo, age 9

Leo draws a lot, and like many children, has quite the imagination. Superfish is his own creation. For Christmas, he had this drawing turned into a softie for his 5 year-old cousin, Ben. Ben's blankie is Superfish's cape and the letters B.G. are young Ben's initials.


I like this Superfish. Really, children are the best at thinking outside the box. I'd never in a million years think of a fish as a superhero. But, now I sit here, imagining Superfish saving sea life from untimely deaths due to predators, oil spills, toxic garbage and all kinds of catastrophes caused by nature and humans.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, this is SO CUTE! Great job!

Margie said...

I love your work! I just love it!

Named said...

I'm always impressed at your ability to find the right material to match the coloring

Unknown said...

We are So happy to have found you! We're now a happy follower. We love the way you are bringing children's art work to a different, special, incredibly unique, medium for them. In a way, you bring it to life. You validate their thinking and creation and that's beautiful!

Wendy T. said...

Thanks so much for visiting and making me and the kids feel so appreciated!